Municipal workers are often exposed to the hazard of traffic moving through their work areas. Flag persons can be used to control the flow of traffic. This course teaches participants how to provide AMHSA Flag Person training to workers in their municipalities who have no prior knowledge or experience with the subject.
Note: Participants must pass the exam with a minimum of 80% in order to receive a Trainer Certificate.
- How to train workers in flagging using the "tell, show, and do" method
- How to use AMHSA training materials in a professional and effective manner
- Flag person and worker responsibilities
- Flagging equipment, practices, and procedures
- Communication with co-workers and the motoring public
- Importance of correct flag station and flag persons placement
- Day and night operations
- How to deal with emergency vehicles
Classroom instruction, group discussions, exam.
Participants must feel comfortable training employees. Knowledge of adult training concepts and experience as a trainer will be beneficial.
Managers, supervisors, foremen, workers selected as flag person trainers.
This course will run from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM.
MINIMUM FEE to run a class with less than 10 participants: $500. Maximum class size: 20.
Member Price: $50.00 + GST
Non-Member Price: $75.00 + GST